Each year millions of chocolate wrappers are needlessly discarded and end up in landfills. TerraCycle is proud to partner with Nestlé Canada to create a second life for used chocolate wrappers.
Every time you enjoy a Nestlé chocolate bar or similar product, we want you to save the wrapper and send it in and we will upcycle the material – along with packaging that is not used at the factory – into fun and innovative products.
For each approved chocolate wrapper received, $.02 will be donated to the charity of your choice. So you’re not only enjoying a great-tasting treat, but also helping reduce waste, while contributing to a good cause. If you don’t have an charitable organization in mind, you can register it later or choose Nestlé's charity of choice which is Kids Help Phone.
Participation in the Chocolate Wrapper Brigade is simple and it’s completely FREE – all costs and shipping are covered by Nestlé Canada.
Sign-up online today and the rest is easy:
- Once you sign-up to participate in the Chocolate Wrapper Brigade you will be able to order prepaid postage labels from TerraCycle.
- Collect at least 125 g (approximately 160 chocolate bar wrappers, chocolate bar bags, and multipack bags) of approved packages to fill a box or bag. Remember to reuse a shipping box or bag to reduce your environmental footprint.
- Affix the pre-paid postage label and call UPS for the next business day shipment pick-up (1-800-PICK-UPS).
If you would like more information or have any questions, please check out the Chocolate Wrapper Brigade Help/FAQ on this site.
And to make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Chocolate Wrapper Brigade accepted waste:
- All brands and sizes of chocolate bar wrappers
- All brands and sizes of chocolate bar bags and multipack bags
Sign-up today and join our effort to reduce the amount of wrappers that go to landfills. Instead of using new materials and resources, we’re upcycling all the waste material that you send us.
We are currently offering some special TerraCycle Rewards for participants in our Chocolate Wrapper Brigade. For more information CLICK HERE
Nestlé Canada is proud of their partnership with TerraCycle as part of their overall commitment to environmental sustainability.
Smarties®, KitKat®, Aero®, Coffee Crisp® are trademarks of Nestlé Canada and are used under license - T.M. OWNER/PROP DES MARQUES: SOCIÉTÉ DES PRODUITS NESTLÉ S.A., VEVEY, SWITZERLAND/SUISSE © 2010. The TerraCycle Logo and Brigades are trademarks of TerraCycle TM © 2010.