Important Closing Notice for the Coffee Bag Brigade
We regret to inform you that the Coffee Bag Brigade will be closing on December 31, 2015. In preparation for this closing, please send in any coffee bags you may have accumulated before December 31, 2015. TerraCycle will only credit your account for any coffee bags checked in prior to December 31, 2015.
If you would like to continue to recycle coffee bags after the program has closed, you can do so immediately by purchasing our Coffee and Tea Accessories Zero Waste Box. To learn more about the Zero Waste Box Program, click here.
Important Update to the Coffee Bag Brigade!
We would like to bring to your attention that as of August 1st 2015, only shipments that weigh at least 25 pounds (approximately 660 coffee bags) will earn the TerraCycle point donation. In order for locations to effectively achieve this high level of collections, we have transitioned the Coffee Bag Brigade to be a Public Drop Off Location program only.
There are currently 21 locations available to drop off your coffee bags. Please click on the “Find my nearest location” link below to see the drop off location address, hours of operation and the organization’s benefiting charity or school.
Tips for Coffee Bag Brigade Public Drop Off Locations
If you are a Public Drop Off Location for the Coffee Bag Brigade, please make note of the following tips. These will help ensure you earn the TerraCycle point donation for your shipments.
- Only shipments weighing at least 25 pounds (approximately 660 coffee bags) will earn the TerraCycle point donation. Please weigh your shipment before sending it to TerraCyle and ensure it is at least 25 pounds. Shipments under 25 pounds will not receive the TerraCylce point donation.
- Please ensure that the 25 pounds of coffee bags are in one box. If the 25 pounds of coffee bags come in separate boxes, TerraCycle will be unable to award points for those shipments.
- Please ensure that only one shipping label is used per shipment and that you use a different shipping label for every shipment.
Every year millions of coffee bags end up in dumpsters and landfills across Canada. TerraCycle® and the Nabob Coffee Co. are working together to make a positive contribution to the environment by helping to minimize the trash going to landfills.
The Coffee Bag Brigade allows individuals and organizations to provide a second life for used coffee bags by sending them into TerraCycle. For each approved coffee bag received, you will be awarded two TerraCycle points which can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts or for a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Program.
Participating in the TerraCycle Coffee Bag Brigade is totally free! There are no sign-up or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the program. Once your application have been approved to become a Public Drop Off Location for the Coffee Bag Brigade, simply follow the steps below to receive your TerraCycle points:
- Collect at least 25 pounds (approximately 660 coffee bags) of approved packages to fill up a box (approved waste is listed below). Remember, the waste does not need to be cleaned or stacked, and always try to reuse a shipping box or bag!
- Download a pre-paid shipping label from terracycle.ca. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “SHIP US YOUR WASTE”. You can print them out yourself or request that TerraCycle send the label.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and call UPS for free next day pick up at 1-800-PICKUPS.
For more detailed information please check out the Coffee Bag Brigade FAQ.
And to make collecting all your coffee bags that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free. Also check out our Coffee Bag Brigade Poster to help promote your collection efforts
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Coffee Bag Brigade accepted waste: Any brand and any size coffee bag.To learn more about the Nabob Coffee Co., visit nabob.ca!