Important Closing Notice for the Diaper Packaging Brigade
We regret to inform you that the Diaper Packaging Brigade will be closing on July 31, 2015. In preparation for this closing, please send in any diaper packaging you may have accumulated before July 31, 2015. TerraCycle will only credit your account for any packaging checked in prior to July 31, 2015.
If you would like to continue to recycle diaper packaging after the program has closed, you can do so immediately by purchasing our Diaper and Wipe Packaging Zero Waste Box. To learn more about the Zero Waste Box Program, click here.
Every year, millions of pieces of plastic diaper packaging end up in garbage and landfills. Huggies® Brand is partnering with TerraCycle® to help reduce the impact its packaging may have on the environment. As an eco-friendly innovator, TerraCycle is going to convert plastic waste diaper packaging into unique products.
For each approved plastic diaper packaging received, your collection location will be awarded two TerraCycle points. These points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, or for a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Program!
Participating in a TerraCycle Brigade is totally free! There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the program. Once you have joined the Diaper Packaging Brigade® simply follow the steps below to receive your TerraCycle points:
- Collect enough plastic diaper or wipes outer plastic packaging to fill up a box (approved waste is listed below). You will need to send shipments that weigh a minimum of 0.9 kg (approximately 13 packages) in order to receive the TerraCycle point donation. Remember to be eco-friendly, reuse a shipping box .
- Download a pre-paid shipping label from terracycle.ca. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “SHIP US YOUR WASTE”.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and contacting UPS to have it picked up the next business day (1 800 PICK UPS).
For more detailed information please check out the Diaper Packaging Brigade FAQ.
And to make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free. Also check out our Diaper Packaging Brigade Poster to help promote your collection efforts.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Diaper Packaging Brigade accepted waste:
- Any brand of plastic diaper packaging
- Any brand of wipes outer plastic packaging
- Any brand of individual wipes packaging
HUGGIES is a registered trademark of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. 2012 KCWW. All rights reserved. For more information about other great Kimberly-Clark brands, visit www.Kimberly-Clark.com.