Each year millions of personal care product and beauty product packages are needlessly discarded and end up in landfills. TerraCycle is proud to partner with Garnier® to create a second life for these empty containers.
Every time you finish your personal care or beauty product we want you to save the packaging and send it in. We will recycle the waste material into fun and innovative products. For each approved package received, your Collection Location will be awarded two TerraCycle points, which can be redeemed for a variety of charity gifts or for a payment of $0.02 to the non-profit organization or school of your choice.
Participation in the Personal Care and Beauty Brigade is simple and it’s completely FREE – all costs and shipping are covered by Garnier®. Sign–up online today and the rest is easy:
- Once you sign–up to participate in the Personal Care and Beauty Brigade you can download prepaid postage labels and collection materials from TerraCycle.
- Collect enough packaging to fill a collection box.
- Affix the pre–paid postage label and call a UPS near you for the next business day shipment pick-up (1-800-PICK-UPS).
If you would like more information or have any questions, please check out the Personal Care and Beauty Brigade FAQ. Garnier® is proud of its partnership with TerraCycle and is committed to making a difference. Sign–up today and join our effort to reduce the impact of our waste on the planet each year.
And to make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle Collect, Store, Ship Guide for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free. Also check out our Personal Care and Beauty Brigade Poster to help promote your collection efforts.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Personal Care & Beauty Brigade accepted waste:
- Hair care packaging such as shampoo bottles and caps, conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair spray bottles and triggers, and hair paste plastic jars and caps
- Skin care packaging such as lip balm tubes, face soap dispensers and tubes, face lotion bottles, tubes and plastic jars, body wash containers, soap tubes and dispensers, body lotion dispensers and bottles, shaving foam tubes (no cans), and hand lotion bottles and tubes
- Cosmetics packaging such as lipstick cases, lip gloss tubes, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, bronzer cases, foundation packaging and bottles, powder cases, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, and lip liner pencils
Check out this awesome commercial by Brigade sponsor Garnier!