The TerraCycle Marketing and Communications team is responsible for the creation and maintenance of marketing materials for TerraCycle’s collection programs and brand activations, writing press releases, conducting media outreach and handling written and broadcast media interviews. We focus on consumer engagement to promote our recycling programs, connect with our fan base, and spread awareness of our environmental mission.
The Marketing and Communications Associate manages TerraCycle Canada marketing efforts including program operations, website administration, strategic partnerships, public relations and customer service. The Marketing Associate must be fluent in Canadian French. This position is based out of TerraCycle’s Toronto office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the internal TerraCycle team to develop and manage the creative vision for TerraCycle brand equity as well as new and current lines of business.
- Draft, stage and translate communication campaigns on digital mailing and social media.
- Set up and maintain TerraCycle collection programs within the TerraCycle website and execute program changes on contracted schedule.
- Maximize consumer participation in TerraCycle collection programs through marketing initiatives and customer service.
- Manage public relations initiatives for brand programs and TerraCycle Canada
- Write press releases and manage media lists
- Conduct proactive and reactive media outreach to place TerraCycle’s partners in national and local media outlets
- Fulfill prizing and promotional materials for consumer participation in TerraCycle collection programs.
- Review program performance and provide suggestions on contest and promotions strategy.
- Provide Account Management with program data and evaluations.
- Provide customer service (email and phone) support to clients and collectors.
- Pull, clean, and provide collector demographic information and behavior to Communications, Customer Support, and Account Managers.
- Track and analyze the impact of our messaging, communications and campaigns.
- Create effective consumer surveys and analyze results to present recommendations to internal teams.
- Provide targeted proactive outreach.
- Troubleshoot issues from global communications team.
- Fluent in Canadian French
- Experience in creating and executing marketing campaigns
- Experience in public relations
- Ability to manage and analyze large amounts of data
- Exceptional Excel and data management skills
- Experience tracking and analyzing web analytics
- Excellent writing skills
- Authentic voice and out-of-the-box thinking
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Outstanding organizational skills
- BA/BS required
- 1-3 years of experience
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in an email with the subject line “Marketing and Communications Associate” to email@example.com.